Back when J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, wrote the Tales of Beedle the Bard only a limited number of copies were available. Seven, to be precise. Amazon quickly snapped up one of the copies for a cool $3.8 million, perhaps in anticipation of today’s news: Beedle will be released to the general public.
As of today, you can pre-order a copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard. The collector’s edition sounds a Potter fan’s wet dream:
• All five fairy tales from the original The Tales of Beedle the Bard
• Outer case disguised as a wizarding textbook from the Hogwarts library
• Exclusive reproduction of J.K. Rowling’s handwritten introduction
• 10 new illustrations by J.K. Rowling not included in the Standard Edition or the original handcrafted edition
• Velvet bag embroidered with J.K. Rowling’s signature
• Metal skull, corners, and clasp
• Replica gemstones
• Emerald ribbon
And did I mention that in addition to containing Rowling’s initial illustrations it’s also extensively footnoted by Albus Dumbledore?