November 7th, 2007
1. As a certified ‘foodie’, I’ve eaten some pretty strange stuff in my life. This stuff is even more strange… and makes me a bit queasy.
2. Personally, I could not possibly care less about political endorsements, whether they’re from politicians, a newspaper, or Jesus Christ himself. How about you? Take the poll.
3. I sense a rush of business for tropical fish stores in Liverpool if this is their dress code.
4. Harry Reid has finally found something he’s good at.
5. Shelli ponders a list brief list of things women do to be attractive. I hate to break it to her, but the list is far, far longer than that.
6. Happy Belated Birthday!
7. John Kerry has finally finished planning his response to those who criticized his war record during the 2004 Presidential election.
8. Can you imagine the work this girl could’ve done in an 8-hour day if all those things worked?
9. Why my son — despite his vocal outrage — will NOT be watching Nickelodeon or playing with Hasbro toys until an appropriate apology and correction is issued.
October 22nd, 2007
I’ve been very naughty about reading blogs lately, but I intend to get back into the habit of cruising my blogroll daily so I can stay on top of what’s happening in my favorite folks’ lives. (Sleep? Who needs sleep?) So, here’s what nine of you have been up to lately:
1. Michele wants you to give her the bird… recipes, that is.
2. After spending the evening drowning in a sea of estrogen, WG endured hours of female fart jokes. But did he share one? No, no he did not. Good man.
3. Compared to her parents, 30-year-old Karol is an old fart.
4. Anwyn dreams about me… but called it a nightmare. A nightmare? What, was I naked? [Note from Anwyn: Linked post edited to make it clearer that the nightmare part was Sylar from Heroes and not VK, in the buff or otherwise.]
5. David wants to know if you’d vote for a Vampire for President. Frankly, I figure they’re going to bleed us dry regardless, so it might be nice to know what I’m getting up front for a change.
6. Chaz has come over to the dark side: those of us who turned the heat on before November. (Pity the child who “Trick or Treats” as Al Gore on my doorstep this Halloween.)
7. Flap is still just cutting and pasting news stories that you can read elsewhere. (Why, yes, Flap, that was a public spanking.)
8. Jae is not running away from home. But if she does, I have dibs on her!
9. Mmmmm…. free meat-like tacos!
September 17th, 2007
1. This may make me the last person in the blogosphere to not have seen Order of the Phoenix.
2. Glenn ponders the important stuff… like anal bleaching.
3. A cab driver dropped She Who Will Be Obeyed off at an anti-military rally, instead of the pro-military rally she’d been planning to attend, and yet nobody died.
4. The only answer callers like this get at my house is: “Why, I’m the woman your mother warned you about. Now go away.” (Click))
5. You know, I’m kind of glad Timmer isn’t my neighbor.
6. As a mother, let me just say now that I am far too busy to find time to rule the world.
7. You say “conspicuous consumer consumption” like it’s a bad thing. Oh, wait….
8. One reason why men aren’t always gentlemen anymore.
9. This is the stuff of my nightmares.
August 30th, 2007
1. The greatest songs of all time that really aren’t that great.
2. Hillary changes her tune… by 2 percent.
3. Why do “artists” keep crucifying “art”?
4. Maybe Fred Thompson has a reason why he isn’t running yet.
5. Potty training from birth? What’s next: college in the womb?
6. VH says this sounds about right.
7. Craig needs to fire his speech writers. Or vice versa.
8. Playing with your vegetables can cost you $1 million.
9. A government program to take my Twinkies, Snickers and extra-large buttered popcorn? Not unless they get my gun first.
August 15th, 2007
1. Tolkien vs. Lewis: a directional thing?
2. Enough blegging for coffee.
3. Is Barack Obama up to something?
4. Art is dead.
5. Whaddya mean I can overdose on coffee??!
6. Lolterizt. Love it!
7. Think you’re afraid of clowns? You got nothing on this woman.
8. If you’re this guy, don’t click the link above.
9. This is gratuitous self-linkage.
August 9th, 2007
1. Have you seen this man?
2. There’s a “Committee” for ex-Muslims?
3. The “downside” of diversity.
4. I wonder if they’ll send flowers to his funeral?
5. Hog on Boobs.
6. Hello Kitty… yeah, that’ll teach ‘em.
7. I’d be a Ravenclaw? I can live with that.
8. Thinking of homeschooling?
9. James Joyner’s 59% more femme than I am.
July 30th, 2007
1. Key Monroe perfectly summarizes the last fifteen years in three paragraphs.
2. Lolcat is a verb?
3. Do you suffer from cinema-celibacy?
4. More thoughts on Hillary’s cleavage.
5. Stop and give her 10.
6. Anyone care to translate this city ordinance?
7. Interesting: the all-liberal cruise to Alaska is priced over twice as high as the all-Conservative version.
8. Abstinence equals abuse?
July 25th, 2007
1. Relatively brainless? You can work for the French government!
2. Captions wanted.
3. John Edwards is trying to narrow the issues.
4. Save your soul for only $1,000.
5. The new definition of treason? Opposing impeachment of Bush.
6. Beth gave me an ear worm!
7. Being unable to read your doctor’s instructions is lethal. Go figure.
8. A reason to endorse Cindy Sheehan?
9. Ain’t that the truth.