Maybe it’s just me, but I get a chuckle thinking of a U.S. President tapping his feet under the desk in the Oval Office while listening to the Rolling Stones or even ABBA. But, based on what Barack Obama and John McCain’s Top 10 favorite songs, that’s precisely what may happen come January.
What I find even more surprising? How many of Obama’s top 10 songs are on my high-rotation play list.
1. Ready or Not -Fugees
2. What’s Going On – Marvin Gaye
3. I’m On Fire Bruce – Springsteen
4. Gimme Shelter – Rolling Stones
5. Sinnerman – Nina Simone (Simone is one of my musical obsessions)
6. Touch the Sky – Kanye West
7. You’d Be So Easy to Love – Frank Sinatra
8. Think – Aretha Franklin
9. City of Blinding Lights – U2
10. Yes We Can – will.i.am
1. Dancing Queen – ABBA
2. Blue Bayou – Roy Orbison
3. Take a Chance On Me – ABBA
4. If We MakeIt Through December – Merle Haggard
5. As Time Goes By – Dooley Wilson
6. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
7. What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong (my wedding recessional)
8. I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Frank Sinatra
9. Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
10. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes – The Platters
Still, I have to agree with the folks at Blender about the oddness of Obama’s #10 song which is essentially a mix of Obama’s speeches. Self-absorbed much?