It feels like I’ve spent most of the day waiting. Waiting in line at the gas station where $2.19 gas brought everyone out to fill up. Waiting in line at the grocery store, where some old woman with twenty-six cans of cat food — and a separate coupon for each — wanted to write a check… without proper ID. Waiting for the mouth-breathing clerk at the mall to get off the damned phone and ring up the pair of (smaller) jeans I’d waited to buy.
And now, I’m waiting on my bottle of wine to chill in the fridge. Because, after several days visiting my teetotaler Mom, I must drink. Lots.
So now seems like a good time to play Word Fugue, the game that ensures I don’t have to sit around waiting to think of something witty to write. If you’ve never played before, here are the rules:
1. I start it off with a word.
2. You look at the most recently posted comment.
3. You leave ONE word that comes to mind upon reading the most recent comment.
4. You may play as many times as you like, but you may not use the same word twice.
5. Don’t leave links. They’ll only send you into comment moderation.
6. Word Fugues that wind up in comment moderation will get deleted.
7. The game continues until this entry falls off the front page, at which point comments are closed.
Here’s the word: